Important information regarding LACDS changes in light of COVID-19.
– Virtual academic coaching will be available Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
– Call (336-758-5929) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) our office to schedule a virtual academic coaching session with a member of our senior staff.
– Go to our WCOnline online academic coaching schedule to make an appointment with our graduate students.
– We will not have face-to-face academic coaching appointments at this time.
Students who wish to improve academic performance and become more active learners may schedule an individual academic coaching session with available staff members at the LAC-DS. Academic coaching encourages students to strengthen a wide range of study skills including time management, note-taking, study skills, planning and organizing, test preparation, and test anxiety. Sessions focus on the student’s unique needs and goals.
Meeting with an academic coach on a regular basis can aid in monitoring academic progress and developing a more meaningful approach to academic pursuits.
There are two ways to sign up for academic coaching:
- Students can call the office at 336-758-5929
- Students can make an appointment through our online schedule. Make sure to select the Academic Coaching schedule from the drop down menu (it will automatically take you to the peer tutoring schedule)